Sunday 16 December 2012

Why I Can't Stop Criticising Jonathan — Obasanjo



Former President Olusegun Obasanjo said he'll continue to speak up against bad leadership:
“If there is anything that requires my comment, position or views, I will say it. It is only if you kill me [that I would stop talking]. It is my passion, patriotism and love that will continue to make me state my views. If I see something inimical to the party’s growth, I will talk. 
“And also to disabuse the minds of rumour mongers, the President is my President. Without Nigeria, there will be no party. Even when I was in prison, I was not quiet. Those who want me and the chairman to quarrel; this visit will keep them quiet. But my mouth will not be quiet.”

Chief Obasanjo, who stated this on Saturday in Abeokuta, stressed that he would not allow himself to be prevented by anyone from discussing pressing national issues and party affairs.

The former president said this when the National Chairman of the Peoples Democratic Party, Alhaji Bamanga Tukur, paid him a visit at his Hilltop Country Home in Abeokuta.

Earlier, the PDP national chairman said he was in Abeokuta to see Obasanjo for his consistent leadership role in the party, Nigeria and the international community at large.

 
Design by Samizares Online Gist